Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 21:08:00 +0100

Dmitry Gutov writes:
> And then do 'git push -f' (!!!). Someone else should make a ruling on
> this, though, but if we're going to transition on auto-generated
> ChangeLogs, we probably don't want to have ugly history.

'push -f' is not an option.

Ugly history happens. It's a nuisance, but the generated Changelogs will
have to be edited anyway (at least that's my experience from generating
Changelogs for CEDET). But I think we should have a method to override
the Changelog from the commit message; 'git-notes' would be an option
for that.

I fail to see what is gained by reverting the changes from this
merge. It makes the history even more messy.

-David