Requesting review before pushing patch to ELPA

From: Jackson Hamilton
Subject: Requesting review before pushing patch to ELPA
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 23:49:48 -0800

Hi guys. I'm about to push my package "context-coloring" to ELPA, but thought it would be a good idea to run my changes by a few other eyes before doing so.

First, to add my package I ran the following git commands:

git remote add context-coloring https://github.com/jacksonrayhamilton/context-coloring.git
git subtree add --prefix=packages/context-coloring/ context-coloring master

This resulted in my entire project history being added to the repository, which included 247 commits. I am not sure if these should be squashed, but based on the commit log it seems like this subtree approach is how other people are managing their externally-maintained packages, so I assume it is okay to add the whole history.

On top of that, I added 2 patches so that I could test ELPA locally. I was able to install my package via a "local-elpa" as described in the README. The patches for that are attached in this email.

There is also one big superpatch for the addition of the context-coloring package. I squashed the 247 commits into one patch file, but note that the patch file for the addition of the context-coloring patches represents those 247 commits. It contains all the external elisp and js files needed for testing and benchmarking, so don't pay those much mind, unless you don't want them in the repo, in which case let me know.

Thanks,
Jackson