Re: In git, how does one revert a single file with merge conflicts in it

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: In git, how does one revert a single file with merge conflicts in it?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 12:40:04 -0500

>    $ git cherry-pick -xe <Commit Id>
> , I get a half error message: "error: could not apply f3f7acc... ...".
> Further investigation reveals that the cause is conflicts in a ChangeLog
> file.  No surprises there.

IIUC git did perform the merge, you simply have a file with a conflict
as a result.  If you visit the file in Emacs, it should show you the
conflicts and if once you've edited the file so as too remove the
conflict markers, upon saving the result, Emacs should mark the file as
"resolved" (which you can do manually with "git add lisp/ChangeLog").

        Stefan