Re: Requesting review before pushing patch to ELPA

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Requesting review before pushing patch to ELPA
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 12:58:52 -0500

> which included 247 commits. I am not sure if these should be squashed, but
> based on the commit log it seems like this subtree approach is how other
> people are managing their externally-maintained packages, so I assume it is
> okay to add the whole history.

Indeed, it's OK to keep the history.

> On top of that, I added 2 patches so that I could test ELPA locally. I was
> able to install my package via a "local-elpa" as described in the README.
> The patches for that are attached in this email.

I think the hydra-test.el has been fixed by someone else in the
mean time.  As for your change:

> +./context-coloring/libraries/ert-async.el:;; Copyright (C) 2014 Johan
> Andersson

I think this change is incorrect.  IIUC this is address@hidden
we're talking bout, and he signed the copyright assignment forms, so
the line in ert-async.el should say "Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software
Foundation, Inc" (at which point you won't need any change to
copyright_exceptions).

        Stefan