Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets

From: joakim
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 23:38:28 +0100

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden wrote:
>>> Given the above, maybe you should revert the merge. Then squash all
>>> >
>> Perhaps that would be best.
>
> Yes, please do that.  Here are some other things to do before committing the
> merge.
>
> * Reindent as per GNU standards.  Start with "indent -gnu" but it
> won't do a perfect job.  E.g., say "char *p" not "char* p".
>
> * Fit it into 80 columns.
>
> * Use GNU style for comments.  These should typically use complete,
> imperative sentences.
>
> * Configure with "./configure --enable-gcc-warnings --with-xwidgets
> --with-x-toolkit=gtk3" and fix all the warnings.

I started fixing a bunch of the warnings, and it improves the code, so
thanks for the hint. I commited to the branch.

Is there a way to get the same warning, but not have compilation error
out though? There seems to be a bunch of gtk warnings I cant really do
anything about.

  --enable-gtk-deprecation-warnings

seems to be good as well.

--