Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 09:24:59 +0900

Aurélien Aptel writes:

 > You can't expect modules to keep up with core global variables.

No, you can't.  You *can*, however, expect modules to maintain proper
namespace hygiene for *symbols*.  And *must*: this is the Land of
(Emacs) Lisp, where symbols are all global.

 > At least not for such generic, short variables which shouldn't be
 > global in the first place. What do you think?

I think `Fintern' is your friend.

That has worked in XEmacs for the last 15 years.  I don't see why it
won't work in Emacs.