Re: Requesting review before pushing patch to ELPA

From: Matthew Carter
Subject: Re: Requesting review before pushing patch to ELPA
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 13:39:05 -0500

Jackson Hamilton <address@hidden> writes:

> Heys guys, I am having an issue pushing to ELPA:
>
> $ git push origin master
> Counting objects: 1127, done.
> Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (431/431), done.
> fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer
> error: pack-objects died of signal 13
> error: failed to push some refs to 'git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs/elpa'
>
> I am not sure what's up.
>
> I looked up these errors, and apparently "error: pack-objects died of
> signal 13" has something to do with the size of the push? The push does
> include my whole project history, but I don't have any particularly large
> binary files in my repo besides maybe 6 or 7 .png files.
>
> I've added the "Project Members GPG Keyring" with gpg --import. Perhaps I
> am still not properly authenticated? (Sorry, I'm not too familiar with gpg
> or keys.)
>
> Thanks,
> Jackson
>
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 6:10 AM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> wrote:

Hi Jackson,

When you issue 'git remote -v' do you see something similar to:

origin  address@hidden:/srv/git/emacs/elpa.git

Or do you see an URL without your Savannah username included?

The default checkout didn't seem pushable to me (I had your same issue).

I fixed by setting the remote to what you see above (well, in my case I
just re-cloned via):

git clone 'address@hidden:/srv/git/emacs/elpa.git'

Obviously make sure to add your SSH keys to Savannah first (and in the
sample commands change 'jackson' to your Savannah user').

--
Matthew Carter (address@hidden)
http://ahungry.com