Re: extending case-fold-search to remove nonspacing marks (diacritics et

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: extending case-fold-search to remove nonspacing marks (diacritics etc.)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 08:03:15 -0200

> OK, then please don't hesitate to post questions and ask for help,
> including for writing some code, if needed.  This doesn't have to be a
> single-person effort (unless you want it to be ;-).  Certainly advice
> and answers to questions are abundantly available here, for any code
> that is in the core, and for issues related to Unicode.

Yes, I've been meaning to. I have 3 solutions which I can (as in "I
have enough motivation to") implement.
One of them can handle multi-char symbols, but it's only for isearch
would need to be specifically extended to other searches (it's
essentially an improvement of the previous regexp proposal).
The other two options use char tables, so they are faster and
immediately apply to any searching but only handle single-char
symbols.

I'll write up an email with diffs and help requests next time I have a minute.