Re: Character group folding in searches

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Character group folding in searches
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 22:08:19 +0000

>> > Because the other way you cannot use char-tables.  And because
>> > matching "a" and "á" will be hard the other way.
>>
>> Maybe I'm missing something, but if you have "á" expand to "a´", it
>> won't match "a", will it?
>
> It will, if you only pay attention to the base character.

If you have the possibility of only paying attention to the base
character (if the machinery is in place) then there's no reason to
fold "á" into "a´" (folding 1 char into many).

Just fold everything into "a". Then (by only paying attention to the
base character) "á" and "á" will match, because "á" folds into "a"
which is the base character of "á".