Re: Defending GCC considered futile

From: Florian Weimer
Subject: Re: Defending GCC considered futile
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 20:30:15 +0100

* Richard Stallman:

>   > Speking as the original author of GUD, I'm in favor of it supporting
>   > LLVM and everything else imaginable.
>
> The question at hand is not about LLVM, or GCC.  It is whether to
> install support for something called LLDB.  What exactly is LLDB?

It's the system debugger on MacOS X.

“With the release of Xcode 5, the LLDB debugger becomes the foundation
for the debugging experience on OS X.”

<https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/gdb_to_lldb_transition_guide/document/Introduction.html>

It's difficult to understand why LLDB support is unacceptable, but
MacOS X support is fine.