Re: Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 21:09:34 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Oleh Krehel <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
>> Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 20:50:04 +0100
>>
>> I just issued "r" in `gdb', nothing else. Zero customizations and a
>> dedicated *output* popped up.
>
> I proposed to add a defcustom to prevent that.  I still think it would
> be a good solution, at least for popping window.

You're right, the dedicated window business was only a small part of the
problem.  The output window still pops up each time there's new output.

So even if I switch to *scratch* in the window of *output*, which I can
now do thanks to an advice, *output* will still pop up when something
new is printed by the program. So this defcustom would really be handy.