RE: Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 12:42:27 -0800 (PST)

> > Just imagine the havoc of *Messages* being a dedicated window and
> > popping up each time there's a new message, even if you bury it.
>
> JFYI, there are people who like to configure Emacs like that.  You've
> just heard from one of them.  To each their own.

I'm guessing that you are referring to my reply?  If so, let me
repeat that *Messages* does not pop up each time there's a new
message.  In fact, it never pops up.  Unless I pop it up, on
purpose.  Calls to `message' do not pop up *Messages*, whether
or not it is shown in a dedicated window when it is shown.