Re: Contributing LLVM.org patches to gud.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Contributing LLVM.org patches to gud.el
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 05:52:21 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 21:40:20 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> > In particular, the only harm to Emacs is that I've been unable to
> > study the GCC AST issue for a whole month.  Please do not exaggerate.
>
> You seem not to have even understood that your insistence has compelled
> David Engster to stop working on GCC-based code completion support
> for CEDET.

FWIW, I think David made a mistake when he gave up.  I faced a similar
disheartening intention (for quite different, but still political)
reasons when I worked on bidi support.  I decided to disregard and
proceed, and the result is before your eyes.

There's nothing like working code to convince people.  Free Software
is about freedom of developers as well.