Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 10:19:19 +0100

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:
> Though this raises a related issue: as I understand it currently modules
> must never refer to any Qxxx symbols (other than Qnil), since these symbols
> may have different values in different Emacs implementations.  And this
> includes any macros or inline functions the modules may invoke.  For
> example, a module must never call 'functionp', since 'functionp' is an
> inline function that refers to Qt.

I get it now, thanks :)

I understand you made this change for performance reasons. Was it
really a bottleneck though? I don't want to undermine your work and I
probably don't know enough to begin with so bear with me. I am under
the impression you implemented a clever change that wasn't critical
but made the module implementation a lot harder. Reverting it or
disabling it for modules might be a solution? What do you think?