Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 05:26:12 -0800

Aurélien Aptel wrote:

disabling it for modules might be a solution?

Yes, that's the idea. A kludgey way to do that right now is to have your module do this:

#include <lisp.h>
#undef Qfoo
#undef Qbar

with an #undef for every Qfoo symbol your code uses either directly or indirectly via macros or inline functions. Obviously we need something better than that, namely, we modify make-docfile.c so that instead of generating this:

#define Qfoo builtin_lisp_symbol (iQfoo)

it generates this:

#ifndef EMACS_MODULE
# define Qfoo builtin_lisp_symbol (iQfoo)
#endif

(and similarly for Qbar, etc.), and then you start your module this way:

#define EMACS_MODULE
#include <lisp.h>

or better, we package up an <emacs.h> file the way Stefan suggested.