Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:05:15 -0500

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 10:55:19 +0100 Aurélien Aptel <address@hidden> wrote:

AA> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Thanks!  I pushed today's version to the Emacs repo in branch
>> feature/aptel/dynamic-modules-rc3

AA> Thanks Ted. I remember some people were already having build issues
AA> with rc2. Can you confirm you can build rc3 (and my last commit, while
AA> we're at it)?

I pushed your latest commit defining the module structure as well.

I did "make bootstrap" but now get:

Symbol's function definition is void: defun

Can you explain how to test? I'm able to build the master branch, then
switched to yours and did "make maintainer-clean; make bootstrap" but
get that error. I didn't get this error when I tested your code last
time, but it seems like something I'm not cleaning up.  Sorry if this is
a FAQ.

I'd like to merge this as soon as possible, even if there are rough
edges, so we can start finding them. I think if I test this and it's OK,
we should coordinate the ChangeLogs and documentation as we clean things
up. It may make sense to squash some of the trivial commits as well.

Thanks for your great work.

Ted