Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:24:51 +0100

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
> I did "make bootstrap" but now get:
>
> Symbol's function definition is void: defun

I have no idea what is causing that :|
Sometimes I also get "Symbol is void: ^?" but it doesn't make the tests fail...

> Can you explain how to test? I'm able to build the master branch, then

Run ./modules/tests.py. It should work no matter the current working directory.

> switched to yours and did "make maintainer-clean; make bootstrap" but
> get that error. I didn't get this error when I tested your code last
> time, but it seems like something I'm not cleaning up.  Sorry if this is
> a FAQ.

I don't trust the nested polylingual spaghetti monster that is
autoconf and usually run

    ./autogen.sh && ./configure --with-ltdl && make -kj8

 after big changes just to make sure. I have a i7 CPU with 8 core at
home so it's ok :) (now if I had a SSD...)

> I'd like to merge this as soon as possible, even if there are rough
> edges, so we can start finding them. I think if I test this and it's OK,
> we should coordinate the ChangeLogs and documentation as we clean things
> up. It may make sense to squash some of the trivial commits as well.

Glad to hear it.