Re: Asynchronous DNS resolving

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Asynchronous DNS resolving
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 14:20:59 -0500

> Sure; if you can get Emacs to provide an interface to that function with
> an async callback, that would be great.  A process filter on the lookup,
> perhaps?

Actually, do we really need to make the lookup Elisp-visible?  I mean,
don't we currently just pass the DNS name to make-network-process which
then does the DNS lookup and the TCP connect?  If so, we don't really
need to make getaddrinfo_a visible at the Elisp level, we just
need to make use of it in make-network-process if :nowait was specified.

Am I missing something?

        Stefan