Re: [elpa] ZNC package

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: [elpa] ZNC package
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 12:16:18 +0000

I ran into that as well. For the cases I looked into, the packages
were requiring an erc version higher than the built-in one, this
higher version was only available through marmalade (and since I don't
have marmalade configured, they were flagged as incompatible). Would
this be the case of your package as well?

One solution for this would be for the most recent erc version to be
distributed on GElpa (which is configured for everyone).

In general though, a package that's on Melpa shouldn't depend on a
package that's *only* on Marmalade, and a package on Marmalade
shouldn't depend on a package that's *only* on Melpa. Or, in the very
least, they should say so in the installation instructions.