Re: Emacs and Windows junctions

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Emacs and Windows junctions
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 09:55:35 +0100

That said, I'm not sure I see any important use cases for adding this
functionality, so perhaps I'm missing something.

At the moment, dired doesn't display them as pointing to somewhere.
I thought that it would be nice to know that some directory is actually a junction.
It seemed to me that getting this information wasn't very different from what isĀ
done for symlinks.
Maybe I should have started by saying that.
OTOH, the user might also want to be able to fully handle them from dired.

Fabrice