Re: Why is Elisp's defvar weird? And is eval_sub broken?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Why is Elisp's defvar weird? And is eval_sub broken?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 21:02:24 -0500

>> Your code is clearly meant to be inside desktop.el, so it's perfectly
>> normal to have to add various extra declarations to reproduce some
>> context before calling internal functions.
> Should I add the closed-buffer tracker to desktop.el?

I haven't looked at it and I don't use desktop.el (nor do I hack on it
very much), so I don't really know.  But since you seem to think that
it's a feature that should be there, I suggest you submit it for
inclusion as a patch.

My comment was just meaning that it's normal to have to add such
declarations when you're meddling in the internals of a package.  Even if
this meddling is bound to stay "external" either by its nature
(e.g. it's only useful to your very particular case) or for whichever
other reason.

        Stefan