Re: emacs 25 broken?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs 25 broken?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 22:09:42 -0500

> I don't understand the change in eval.c, so I don't know how to fix it.

IIUC the problem is not in eval.c but in edebug.el, but I haven't found
the time to dig into it.

What the eval.c change does is that backtrace-eval now doesn't only
restore the variable bindings to what they were in the relevant stack
frame, but also restores the current-buffer (and point).

It looks like Edebug evaluates its code in a frame where current-buffer
is wrong or something like that, or tries to force the use of the right
buffer "by hand" and this ends up backfiring with the new system which
tries to do it "automatically".

        Stefan