Re: calendar/diary/appt: diary-lunar-phases should not create appointmen

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: calendar/diary/appt: diary-lunar-phases should not create appointments
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 21:34:28 +0100 (CET)

GM> Sam Steingold wrote:
>> &%%(diary-sunrise-sunset) &%%(diary-lunar-phases) which results in
>> emacs nagging me about moon phases and sunsets.

GM> I can't reproduce this.  Please give a complete example starting
GM> from emacs -Q that shows sunsets ending up in appt-time-msg-list.

Hi, sry for being somewhat late to the party...

The behaviour still shows up in my GNU Emacs 24.4.1 when you manually
add an appointment via 'appt-add':

emacs -Q
M-x load-library calendar
M-x customize-apropos diary-file

Set the variable to "~/diary-test" and saved it for the current
session only; the diary file contains only one line:

%%(diary-lunar-phases)

M-x diary displayed "First Quarter Moon 18:15 (CET)" correctly

M-x load-library appt
C-h v appt-time-msg-list: Its value is nil

But then I inserted

(appt-add "5:00pm" "Tea!" 5)

into the "scratch" buffer and evaluated the expression; now the
variable contained the time for the lunar phase:

appt-time-msg-list is a variable defined in `appt.el'.
Its value is (((1020) "5:00pm Tea!" t 5) ((1095) "6:15pm (CET)"))

I did this before 6:15pm, after emacs had started nagging me about my
appointment with Mr Moon. It doesn't show up now. I will have to wait
till after midnight before I can try with "%%diary-sunrise-sunset",
but you have to specify coordinates for that to work.

Toto

--
People who advocate simplicity have money in the bank; the money
came first, not the simplicity.

Douglas Coupland: JPod