Re: calendar/diary/appt: diary-lunar-phases should not create appointmen

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: calendar/diary/appt: diary-lunar-phases should not create appointments
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 01:05:39 +0100 (CET)

GM> Sam Steingold wrote:
>>> &%%(diary-sunrise-sunset) &%%(diary-lunar-phases) which results in
>>> emacs nagging me about moon phases and sunsets.

GM> I can't reproduce this.  Please give a complete example starting
GM> from emacs -Q that shows sunsets ending up in appt-time-msg-list.

Toto> The behaviour still shows up in my GNU Emacs 24.4.1 when you
Toto> manually add an appointment via 'appt-add':

[...]

The following is faster and makes it easier to show the effect:

emacs -Q

Eval this:

(setq calendar-latitude [49 55 north])
(setq calendar-longitude [7 4 east])
;; diary-test has only one line: "%%(diary-sunrise-sunset)"
(setq diary-file "~/42/diary-test")
(require 'calendar)
(require 'appt)
(appt-add "5:00pm" "Tea!" 5)

C-h v appt-time-msg-list:

appt-time-msg-list is a variable defined in `appt.el'.
Its value is (((443)
  "7:23am (CET), sunset 6:07pm (CET) at 49.9N, 7.1E (10:44 hours daylight)")
 ((1020)
  "5:00pm Tea!" t 5))

Toto

--
College will guarantee you a higher lifelong income, and friends
made in college last longer than those made in real life.

Douglas Coupland: JPod