Re: antlr-mode.el - need some support by python.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: antlr-mode.el - need some support by python.el
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 00:16:51 +0200

On 03/01/2015 07:04 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Then there are many invalid uses of narrow-to-region, such as those used
to operate on a particular region of the buffer (and where you can use
markers instead).

Maybe we need examples: narrow-to-region to operate on a particular region of the buffer is its primary use case.

As long as it's wrapped in `save-restriction', no `widen' calls are needed, unless the operating code somehow requires it. But then we're not just operating on that particular region anymore.