Re: map.el and naming

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: map.el and naming
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 00:29:51 -0500

> map. I thought about calling `map-map' the function that would map over
> the keys and values of map, and `map-map-keys' the function that would
> map over the keys of a map, etc.

Indeed, these names kind of suck.  For `map-map-keys', you could use `
map-keys', tho this name could also be used for a function which just
returns the list of keys.  For `map-map' you could use `map-apply' or
`map-kv' (for "keys and values").

> This is really ugly to my eyes, as there is map the name and map the
> verb.

Agreed.

        Stefan

PS: BTW, among the maps to include, we of course need to support
vectors and char-tables, as well.