Re: HTML-Info design

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 01:12:42 +0700

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 11:58 PM, Phillip Lord
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Yuri Khan <address@hidden> writes:
>> I tried it out. The keyboard shortcut handling code misbehaves in
>> browsers which support “find as you type” — in my case, Firefox.
>>
>> Keyboard event handlers need to invoke .preventDefault() on the event
>> object if they handle it.
>
> It works on my firefox to be honest.

That is probably because find-as-you-type is disabled by default and
only invoked explicitly by pressing “/” (for any text) or “'” (for
links only). However, if you check Preferences | Advanced | General |
[x] Search for text when I start typing, typing any character
(provided that the page does not preventDefault it) starts search for
the entered character. Any subsequently typed characters append to the
search string and are not noticed by the page.

> The JS is I think developed on org-mode.org.

(I was hoping that you, as a direct user of org-mode, might forward
the bug report.)