Re: HTML-Info design

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 12:19:17 +0000

Yuri Khan <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 11:58 PM, Phillip Lord
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Yuri Khan <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I tried it out. The keyboard shortcut handling code misbehaves in
>>> browsers which support “find as you type” — in my case, Firefox.
>>>
>>> Keyboard event handlers need to invoke .preventDefault() on the event
>>> object if they handle it.
>>
>> It works on my firefox to be honest.
>
> That is probably because find-as-you-type is disabled by default and
> only invoked explicitly by pressing “/” (for any text) or “'” (for
> links only). However, if you check Preferences | Advanced | General |
> [x] Search for text when I start typing, typing any character
> (provided that the page does not preventDefault it) starts search for
> the entered character. Any subsequently typed characters append to the
> search string and are not noticed by the page.

Okay. Not seen that before. org-info uses single keypresses for
next/prev, to enable search or occur functionality. What are you seeing,
and what you be expecting it to do? I'm not sure how the org-info
functionality could NOT conflict with this sort of find-as-you-type
functionality.

>> The JS is I think developed on org-mode.org.
>
> (I was hoping that you, as a direct user of org-mode, might forward
> the bug report.)

I might do so, but I need to understand the bug. I don't at the moment.

Phil