Trimming optional in completing-read-multiple

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Trimming optional in completing-read-multiple
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 18:15:59 +0100

Hi all,

this commit
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=emacs.git;a=commitdiff;h=9c44569ea2a18099307e0571d523d8637000a153
made `completing-read-multiple' discard empty strings in its return
value, but AUCTeX has at least one function relying on empty strings
in `completing-read-multiple' output, see

Would it be possible to make trimming optional (off by default), using
an optional argument?  In AUCTeX we support all Emacs versions
starting from 21, so a new mandatory argument wouldn't be a good idea
for us.

Bye,
Mosè

PS please keep me in CC, I'm not subscribed to the list