Re: Rationalising c[ad]\{2,5\}r.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Rationalising c[ad]\{2,5\}r.
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:38:05 -0400

> They're not that rare.  I count 304 currently in Emacs, including
> eudc-cdaar (twice), in 78 files.  That's a lot of files that need to
> require cl.

Most likely 99.9% of these files also use other CL facilities, so that
wouldn't save them from requiring CL.  And in any case, using CL
facilities is perfectly fine (provided you do it via cl-lib rather than
cl.el).

> let-binding variables, then accessing them, must be quite slow
> by comparison.

Via dynamically scoped vars, that's indeed the case.
But with lexical-binding not anymore.

        Stefan