Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 51e7e46: Font-lock elisp macros/special forms d

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 51e7e46: Font-lock elisp macros/special forms dynamically
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 09:13:20 -0400

> Ok.  I just tried it anyway, and with jit-lock disabled,
> `font-lock-flush' does nothing, e.g., the buffer portion you have

I think you've just found a bug.  How did you disable jit-lock?

Can you try "emacs -Q --eval '(setq font-lock-support-mode nil)'" and
retry your test.

> If no one comes up with a (semi-)automated way of identifying
> function-like macros, I'll go check the ~1300 macros in emacs manually.

We could also do it lazily: wait for people to complain and fix those
that come up.

>     + just there to save a funcall (ad-get-advice-info-macro,
>       shadow-cluster-name)
>       Shouldn't those be defsubsts instead of macros?

Yes, but sometimes having them as macros is better (e.g., the code
should be a bit faster than with a defsubst; also macros are expanded by
gv.el so defining them as macros lets you use them as places in `setf'
and `push' as well.  The new `define-inline' does address both of those
problems, OTOH).

        Stefan