ChangeLogs

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: ChangeLogs
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 07:25:42 +0000

 >>> * lisp/leim/quail/hangul.el
 >>> * lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode.el: Use delete-char instead of
 >>> delete-backward-char, fixes compilation warnings.

 >> The above doesn't use the right syntax.  The right syntax looks like

 >> * <filename> (<functionname>): blabla.

 > Since we have Git now, is there a reason to keep using ChangeLogs?

        The above applies to Git log messages just the same.

        Also, it’s still deemed useful to provide ChangeLogs with proper
        releases, /and/ we’re yet to transition to the scheme which
        would generate those out of Git logs.  (See bug#19113 [1].)

[1] http://debbugs.gnu.org/19113

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A