Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f469024: Use delete-char instead of delete-back

From: vibhavp
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f469024: Use delete-char instead of delete-backward-char.
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 01:51:33 +0530

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> FWIW, my suggestion to use call-interactively was just that:
> a suggestion.  I don't know this cperl's command well enough to know
> what should ideally be done.  It might even be that using delete-char
> really is The Right Thing.  Noone can know which is right before he/she
> looks at the function in enough detail to know how&when the various
> alternatives will behave differently (after which it's generally easy
> to figure out which one is best).
IIUC, the function is a cperl-mdoe local implementation of
delete-backward-char (bound to <backspace> for most fundamental
modes). It works similarly to c-electric-backspace, and manages
indentation and other language-specific stuff (I think).

Thanks, I've pushed the patch.
--
Vibhav Pant
address@hidden