Re: Getting rid of low-level assumptions in yasnippet

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Getting rid of low-level assumptions in yasnippet
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 11:03:20 +0000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Could you double check the patch below, to make sure it does the right thing?
> The main thrust is to get rid of the use of the `cl-struct-slots'
> property which doesn't exist in Emacs-25 any more.

The patch look good. I've pushed it upstream and it passes all
tests. I'm slightly embarassed you have to wade through that junk, but
that's how much Lisp I knew at the time.

> This is against the elpa.git version of the code, which IIUC is still
> not up-to-date, right?

Again embarassing: there are two or three issues on the upstream side
also pending on this move. I'll try to do this later today.

One thing I don't know how to handle is the Git submodules which are
problematic for some (unofficial) uses of ELPA.git, such as
https://github.com/quelpa/quelpa (CCing akira)

So unless you disagree, I'll remove them completely in the subtree merge
result and (temporarily) replace yasnippet/snippets with a copy of the
old snippet collection.

João