Re: Emacs trunk crash

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs trunk crash
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 22:13:08 +0200

> From: Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:59:41 +0000 (UTC)
>
> > Also, can you show the Lisp object being read here?
>
> I take any instruction to dig any further.
> I am a bit stuck on how to print even the lisp form that is evaluated.

The text being read is in current_buffer.  current_buffer->text->beg
points to the beginning of the text as a C string, and
current_buffer->pt_byte is the byte offset of point in that string.
If point is after the gap (whose value is current_buffer->text->gpt),
then it is more convenient to use BYTE_POS_ADDR to find the text where
point is.  That place is where you will find the offending Lisp
object.

Or just print the value of PT and then look inside the file at that
position.

Thanks for the backtraces, I hope someone will be able to use them to
figure out the problem.