Re: VC mode and git

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:43:00 -0400

  > One other thing: I
  > guess that the proposal arose from your hassles with a bad ChangeLog
  > merge as discussed in the recent "git is screwed" thread.

No, it arose from the fact that I committed changes previously and
they did not get beyond my machine.

This is not about ChangeLog in particular.  This is about making VC
handle git as it handles bzr and cvs.

As a separate matter, something is wrong in my repository with
lisp/ChangeLog.  I have changes I want to check in, and I don't know
what to do.  Brief hints are not enough to enable me to fix this.
How should I get my changes installed?

Would you please help me?

--
Dr Richard Stallman