Re: VC mode and git

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 06:56:18 -0400

  > > The reason to make this change is to help people who are not
  > > sophisticated git users.

  > For those people it is even more important that vc does not push by
  > default.

With all due respect, I think you are mistaken.  C-x v v pushes by
default with CVS and with Bzr, and that has never been a problem.  Why
would it be a problem with Git when it is not a problem with the
others?

              Pushing by accident is bad.

If C-x v v is defined to push,
that will not be an accident.

Yuri Khan said:

  > > The reason to make this change is to help people who are not
  > > sophisticated git users.

  > And teach them bad habits along the way? Please don’t.

That seems to be name-calling.  My workflow was not bad with CVS or
Bzr, so why should it be bad now?  You seem to think that it is ok to
disrupt the workflow of people like me who rarely use Git.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation