Re: VC mode and git

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 06:57:18 -0400

  > AFAIR, none of the messages described any expert uses of Git, they all
  > describe very simple and basic workflows, ones that are widely used by
  > everyone.

With all due respect, you underestimate the amount of expertise
involved.  Perhaps there is a natural tendency to think, about the
things that you are an expert on, that it isn't much expertise.

People like me, who barely know how to use Git but have to use it a
little, must be very numerous.

               It would be wrong to make "C-x v v" disrupt those
  > workflows.

I am not proposing to disrupt anything, just to change the default,
and only when using VC.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation