Re: [elpa] master 2ae5b9c 3/7: swiper.el (swiper-font-lock-ensure): Igno

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] master 2ae5b9c 3/7: swiper.el (swiper-font-lock-ensure): Ignore gnus modes
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:43:36 -0400

>    "Ensure the entired buffer is highlighted."
>    (unless (or (derived-mode-p 'magit-mode)
>                (memq major-mode '(package-menu-mode
> +                                 gnus-summary-mode
> +                                 gnus-article-mode
> +                                 gnus-group-mode
>                                   emms-playlist-mode erc-mode)))
>      (if (fboundp 'font-lock-ensure)
>          (font-lock-ensure)

I think you'll want to list many more modes here.  Or rather, I think
what you really want to test is whether font-lock is in use on
this buffer.
There are various ways to test it, such as testing the value of
font-lock-fontified or font-lock-mode, or calling font-lock-specified-p,
and there might be others.

        Stefan