Re: git is screwed

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: git is screwed
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 00:41:07 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Rasmus writes:
>>
>>> to do that /without/ magit.  E.g. rebase -i and branch I find easier from
>>> CLI, though I try to force myself to explore magit more.
>>
>> Interactive rebasing is really convenient with magit-log, in my opinion.
>>
>> I just select the commit from which I want to rebase and hit E.  In the
>> resulting buffer I can move around commits or mark them for further
>> actions.

This is not git's rebase but "rewriting" which is a Magit specific and
very bad implementation of the same basic idea.  I have removed it from
the next branch.  Don't use it.

> Thanks for the tip.  It sounds cool, and I'll check it out.  I never
> considered doing it from the the log view.  I think the manual mentions R
> or something like that from the main view, but I checked it a while back.

That's one area that has seen many improvements on the next
branch.  Some preliminary documentation can be found here:
https://github.com/magit/magit/wiki/History-Manipulation.