Re: VC mode and git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:22:36 +0300

> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:30:13 +0000
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>
>
> I thoroughly resent the hour after hour after hour I've been forced to
> spend reading git man pages, desperately searching for the obscure
> option (or obscure command name) needed to get me out of some problem or
> other, or find out how to do some simple thing.

I concluded long ago that the Git man pages are not the right tool for
that.  I find a Google search much more efficient in finding answers
to such questions.  I only use the man pages as a reference for
something I already know about, but forgot the details, or don't
exactly remember the option's exact name.