Re: VC mode and git

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:01:26 -0400

> As you say when I use vc-mode in school, no local commit is needed
> because we use git regardless git or subversion.  However,
> occasionally I want to get benefit of local commit via command line,
> like when I am on a long flight above Pacific ocean.

Then you'd temporarily comment out the commit-hook.
Or you'd refine the hook somehow so you can inhibit it sometimes (not
sure what kind of info those hooks receive, but in the worst case you
could say that the presence of a .git/LOCAL_COMMITS file would mean to
skip the hooks, or the hooks could check your ifconfig output to guess
that you probably want an local commit).

        Stefan