Re: VC mode and git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 22:57:26 +0300

> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:45:54 -0700
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> On 03/27/2015 12:16 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> As a rather new user of vc, I can say that `C-x v v' always frightens me
> > Does Emacs in general frightens you?
> >

> Let's not bite the new users.  I also use Emacs VC without using C-x v
> v, as I'm fairly cautious as well.  It's a reasonable way to operate,
> even for experienced Emacs users.

There's nothing wrong in being cautious or frightened when you use
sophisticated software.  I'm personally frightened whenever I build a
complex package with GCC.

But that doesn't mean the tools we use cannot do a good job in doing
what we expect.  "C-x v v" never let me down in the many years I use
it.  (I don't use it with Git, because it's basically useless in that
case.)