Re: VC mode and git

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 08:22:18 -0400

> If the answer is "many people do, but only as a replacement for a
> missing vc-commit", that's also valuable information.

I use "git commit" after merges, but to actual commit a change (where
I need to write a ChangeLog), I use vc-dir and hence vc-next-action.
So, yes, I use vc-next-action frequently, and it always means "commit".

I suggested it many years ago (in the context of CVS, IIRC): VC should
offer each operation via a separate command (and vc-next-action would
simply be built on top of it).

Regarding your other suggestions: I'm fine with extending
vc-next-action, but it should not offer a functionality which is not
already available via some other command.

        Stefan