Re: electric-pair-mode as a minor mode?

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: electric-pair-mode as a minor mode?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 16:11:25 +0000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> The assumption was basically that it's easier for the user to hit ')' one
> more time than to delete an extraneous ')'.

I didn't follow this bit, sorry, just as I didn't follow the exceptions
of the old electric-pair-mode. But that just shows that assumptions
about convenience vary a lot from user to user.

I like my syntax-table to understand to know as much as possible, so
that other commands can dwim. Perhaps I'll try a message-mode hack to
make blockquotes and smileys comment syntax. That should bring the 90%
to 99%...

Anyway `electric-pair-local-mode' is now available so people can choose.

João