Re: VC mode and git

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 06:55:31 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > > From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
 > > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,
 > >     address@hidden,
 > >     address@hidden

Is there a purpose to quoting the Cc?

 > > Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 03:35:17 +0900
 > >
 > > I'm not even sure what the semantics of bzr commit are in a bound
 > > branch containing local commits
 >
 > Like if you committed all the local commits on a separate branch, and
 > then merged to mainline.  IOW, as you'd expect.

But is that what Richard would expect?  In CVS you'd get the
equivalent of rebasing local on the updated mainline.  Maybe it
doesn't matter what Richard "expects", because he doesn't expect
anything: Richard just doesn't commit in that circumstance, I suppose
(still waiting on an answer at this point).