Re: VC mode and git

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 06:59:09 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > But that doesn't mean the tools we use cannot do a good job in doing
 > what we expect.  "C-x v v" never let me down in the many years I use
 > it.  (I don't use it with Git, because it's basically useless in that
 > case.)

It occured to me last night that to me the git-ish DWIM in the
circumstance "last action commit && no changes to commit" would be to
prompt for a branch name and do "git checkout -b".

I'm not sure I'm really serious, I don't think many people, even
experienced git users, branch as much as I do.  But think about it.