Re: VC mode and git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 05:41:04 +0300

> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,
>     address@hidden,
>     address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 09:50:39 +0900
>
> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>
>  > You said, repeatedly, that the original instructions didn't use a
>  > bound branch, but instead described a "truly distributed workflow".
>  > That's factually incorrect.
>
> The latter part of the first sentence still is true; the workflow we
> described was truly distributed.

That description survived mostly with no changes to this day, so if it
described a distributed workflow, it still does.  Nothing's changed.
Therefore, saying that you needed to give up the distributed workflow
due to complaints is inconsistent with the facts.

> That you lump them together in one statement as "factually
> incorrect" suggests that you really don't understand what you're
> talking about.

I think the problem is that you misunderstood what I was saying.