Re: Getting rid of low-level assumptions in yasnippet

From: Matthew Fidler
Subject: Re: Getting rid of low-level assumptions in yasnippet
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:15:43 -0500

Ok,

I believe the problem is with named components.  In the old eieio, it allowed nil names, but in the current implementation it requires a name for named components.

A work-around in ergoemacs-mode shows the possible issue

https://github.com/ergoemacs/ergoemacs-mode/commit/71319c2cc1874248c885cd6b6e7f826fb24c49a7

Matt.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Since I'm here I would also like to add that eieio doesn't work the same in
> emacs 25.

There's been many changes to EIEIO's internals, indeed.  I've tried to
preserve compatibility so far both for source files and for
byte-compiled files (tho not for files byte-compiled with non-released
Emacs versions).
So if you experience incompatibilities because of the new code, please
report them,

        Stefan