RE: VC mode and git

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: VC mode and git
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 09:25:07 -0700 (PDT)

> > Indices on Emacs manuals are a very unproductive way of finding
> > information. Just my personal experience.
>
> My personal experience is just the opposite, FWIW.

Same here.

But it helps quite a bit to be able to use substring/regexp
completion matching.  (I use Icicles.)

It seems to be the case that many people nowadays are not used
to using indexes in general (e.g. books).  In many cases, users
are forced to make do with only search and no useful indexes,
for online help.  Given that (lamentable) state, it is no wonder
that some do not see the point (advantage) of indexes.  Dommage.